Admit it! You’ve had days where you look around and you are just ready to kick the bucket and say Fuck it!
There is nothing wrong with the word Fuck. In fact Osho, an Indian mystic and spiritual teacher called it “the most interesting word in the English language.” If you have not seen the video of him talking about the versatility of the language, check it out here. (6 minute clip -start at the 1:30 mark if you are pressed for time)
John C. Parkins the founder of Fuck It Life is also an advocate of the ‘F’ word. When used as a phrase, it has a ‘raw power’ that makes you feel good. It frees you from stress and helps you take life less seriously. When you consciously use this phrase to release some aspect of your life that is keeping you stressed or holding you back from being your authentic self it feels liberating.
So I’m not encouraging you to swear for the sake of swearing because too much of anything is just off putting. But I do want to encourage you to use the phrase when you want to give a fuck and/or not give a fuck about something.
Because “Fuck it” can go either way. It can mean to not give a fuck about the trivial things in life. Or that You give a fuck about something in your life which propels you to go after doing what matters to you not caring about what others think.
In the end when you use the phrase ‘fuck it’, you get a sense of relief because you have decided. You’ve decided to not give a fuck anymore and so you empower yourself to utilize your energy and mind to focus on and going after what matters. To read more about not giving a fuck, check out Mark Manson’s article on The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck.
When to Say Fuck It
- When you are stressing over something you can’t change
- When you are ready to stop resisting
- When you know something is not worth your time or attention and it’s time to let go
- When you are worrying about things that are not important
- When you are caught up living out other people’s expectations.
- When you feel like shaking things up and is ready to take responsibility for the consequences
- When you don’t care about being judged anymore
- When you care about doing what’s right and important to you.
- When you are giving yourself permission to be authentic, live more boldly and go after your dreams.
- When you know things can wait until Monday. Hello Weekend!
By now, I’ll bet you are ready to say fuck it to something. For me it was deciding if I should write, post this. So here I am. Share below and let it out.
*Understand I will delete your comment if it appears inappropriate and hostile to keep HFL a safe and welcoming place for everyone.